The tool that helped so many with their YouTube view count has gone on September 1st. Here is a description of the replacement of YouTube keyword tool for SEO.
Introducing – Display planner!
See the video of follow the steps below:
This tool is slightly harder to use but it provides some very interesting incite to what is going on and definitely marketers will know what to do with it pretty soon.
Please follow these instructions:
2. Navigate to Tools>> Display planner
3. Enter your search query. At this point no need to focus on it too much.
4. Here are few differences from keyword tool – the view is weekly and the amount of impressions is Billions with a B.
At this point the information is less than useful, targeting small niches kinda bad when you see billions of views, right?
5. Click Individual targeting ideas tab. The adgroups are irrelevant to video creators (unlike the keyword research for web sites, this one is not contributing at all)
6. Click “Ad Formats and sizes” on your left, in filters area
7. Click “None” at the top and then check Video check box. This will make the planner show you only relevant data.
8. You can eliminate the sizes too, but they will come back every time you open this page again
9. Now you see more accurate results, note that SEO keyword tool went from billions to thousands of impressions. This is much better and accurate!
Here comes the bomb!
10. Click on one of the examples, in my case this would be the top search, and look at the results.
Check out the gender and device statistics! If you make a video with this YouTube keyword in mind, the target audience is women in their mid 30s using Tablets!
Now that is amazing!
This tool makes me exited about future of Youtube SEO, this kind of incite it definitely good for all marketers out there.
If you think that something is missing please let me know in the comments below.
Thanks for reading!