Lear how to improve the sound of your videos in a very short time.
the important part – do not amplify! Normalize!
Normalization will take only the quiet bits and make them louder and the louder pieces quieter and you will get the professional sound quality.
How to improve audio step by step:
- import your video to videopad
- right click and choose save audio track as new file
- right click your new audio and choose open with – WavePad
- in wavepad go to levels ribbon and click normalize before: after
- Choose the DB, see that the sound spikes are getting to the very end but remain somewhere in the 80% height. Play around until you get it right, this needs to be done only once per microphone type you have.
- open equalizer and boost your bass and treble a bit, maybe 10%. this will make your voice radiophonic but not distorted
- If needed, perform the noise gate filter which is covered in a different video
- close the window, agree to save
- Place your video and the separated audio file on the timeline and align them – videopad will snap them together by itself
- That’s it, you are done
- a tip – it is better to turn off the original audio so the video export would not waste it’s time on it
Thanks for reading!