Beginner bloggers are struggling for some sunlight every day and always wonder why other blogs are more successful even though their content quality is much lower.
Conceptually, beginner bloggers are those that have almost not readers or commenters regardless of time spent wiring their blog. Google friendly blog for beginners has to consider search engines as their primary traffic source.
The bloggers that already established their blog, already know how to write for their own audiences. They spread their messages using social media or just use existing subscriptions that were acquired during the years their blogs exist.
This is not the luxury that new bloggers can afford. First you need to be found and recognized and only then the rest of the channels open. Yet this is the very first mistake new bloggers make. We will leave the other mistakes for another article.
How to increase your traffic instantaneously
Open google and search for something, anything you like. I will use “pong pong tricks”
- You can see, those words repeat themselves in all results more than once. They are in the title and in the description which is just a part of the text on those pages. This is how google looks at things. They analyze your page and map your content so it could be found. They also know that if your title doesn’t match the text, your page is irrelevant to some searches.
- google counts and amount of times some searches were performed
For us this means that
- Our title should match the text (no more than two times, otherwise google will thing that you are tricking them in order to get more searches that your deserve)
- Our title should be actually searched
What tool to use
- Register to free application by google – Google AdWords: Keyword Planner
- Once you are in navigate to tools>Keyword planner and write your title idea in it’s most short form and click get ideas.
- navigate to “Keyword Ideas” tab
In this example I searched for “google friendly blogging”
- you can see that
- there are no such searches
- google gave me some (800 actually) suggestions that are close to what I need
- other, longer terms, actually get 390, 260, 140 etc. results so I should use them instead of mine
Extremely important!!! – Never choose titles with more than 800 monthly searches. 300-500 is optimal
Open all your blog posts and check the titles using steps above and change them according to your findings. You don’t have to use exact match -add a word or two anywhere you feel but only if you want to 😉
Review your articles and make sure they have some relation to the new title. Do not overdo it, once per article is enough.
To summarize – blogging for beginners
Google is the fist traffic source to consider for any new blog. Sometimes our originality does not help us to get more readers so a balance must be maintained. Using the free tool by google can instantaneously make it all better for any blog that does not follow those rules.
There are many advanced techniques to increase the traffic but this one is the easiest and most basic. Without it the rest of methods are worthless.
Once you are done, google will take some time to update its results but after few weeks you should see significant traffic change. For more information please refer to the SEO sections of this site.
Please let me know how it worked for you, I will gladly answer any question too.