Hi, my name is Alex :).
Thanks for visiting.
What is BizProg?
Business Progress, Busy programmer, Business program, Bizarre program, Bizone (Bison) Prognosis
Here you will find occasional reviews and my thought exercises.
I’m a process driven person and my best work always includes building a framework of some kind or bulk learning about tons of stuff. I like sharing my ideas and hearing some comments about them (negative too, hehe) all for the sake of improving the quality and efficiency of my deliverables.
Skills that might help me
I was working in tech companies for the last 10 years. During this time I have advanced from a front line support representative, reading scripts off the screen, to a Professional service and framework builder, eventually becoming professional-support manager in one of the biggest companies in the world.
What have I learned during this journey?
- Curiosity – without it you go no where. Seriously – if you want to learn – you must care!
- Project Management – ability to approach a problem until it is solved by managing resources that do not belong to you. There is an old joke – Project manager is someone who thinks that 9 women can deliver a baby in 1 month. This is not a project manager perspective :). The real project manager would have this done in 12 months a still get a reward!
- A little bit of web development – this year I had to implement an idea so, knowing nothing I went about creating a site from scratch. What a scary journey! I had to learn PHP, MYSQL, HTML, CSS and graphics – all at once! But now this comes in very handy. Truly knowledge is power.
- Management. Being a people manager you learn many interesting things. Although in this project the only person is me, still I need to manage myself. What is going to be managed? Time, resources, quality, schedule, investigations, risks! I can talk for days about any of those subjects.
- Tech stuff – years spent learning: Networking, OSs, scripting, automatons, QA, tech writing, troubleshooting and training other people.
I think that all of this will come in handy
I’m happily married and I am a proud father of the most beautiful girl in the world (no one will convince me otherwise)(Edit: 2 girls). I collect musical instruments and travel the world as much as possible.
My personal motto – know before you act.